As an Admin, you have invited individuals to become system users of your RZT aiOS. You can assign roles to any system user to give him or her the capabilities (APIs) associated with that role.
RZT aiOS includes two default roles and any custom roles added by an Admin. The Operating System includes the following two default roles:
- The User role can view and edit RZT aiOS task information and carry out operating system tasks, except administrative functions reserved for the Admin role.
- The Admin role has full permissions, including all User role permissions, and can assign roles to system users. The Admin role includes User Management, Role Management, Library Management, and other task permissions.
An Admin can define new roles, and a single individual can have multiple roles.
Role for performing this task
- Log in to RZT aiOS as an Admin, and click Settings (lower left corner).
The Settings dialog is displayed.
- Click Users and Groups, and then Users. A list of all system users (including Users, Admins, any other defined roles, and system users with no role assigned) is displayed, as shown above.
- Locate the system user you want to assign a role. You can type the system user’s name in the Search box and click Enter to locate. The specified system user is displayed.
- In the Roles field for that system user, type the name of the role you want to assign (Admin, User, or a custom role name). The role is assigned to that system user.