As an Admin, you have invited individuals to become system users of your RazorThink Platform. You can assign roles to any system user to give him or her the capabilities (APIs) associated with that role.
RazorThink Platform includes two default roles and any custom roles added by an Admin. The Operating System includes the following two default roles:
- The User role can view and edit RazorThink Platform task information and carry out operating system tasks, except administrative functions reserved for the Admin role.
- The Admin role has full permissions, including all User role permissions, and can assign roles to system users. The Admin role includes User Management, Role Management, Library Management, and other task permissions.
An Admin can define new roles, and a single individual can have multiple roles.
Role for performing this task
- Log in to RazorThink Platform as an Admin, and click Settings icon on lower left corner
The Settings dialog is displayed.
- Click Users and Groups. A list of all system users (including Users, Admins, any other defined roles) is displayed, as shown above.
- Locate the system user you want to assign a role in the table. Click on the action icon at the right end of the user row. Select "Update role"
- Select the desired role from the "Roles" dropdown and click on "Update" button
- The role is assigned to that system user.